So Blogmas hasn't quite worked out as hoped it would and I am a little behind on posts. To be honest I haven’t been feeling as festive as normal this year and I can’t quite put my finger on why that is but it is most likely a combination of the following:
1. I didn’t visit Winter Wonderland this year. It ALWAYS gets me in the Christmas spirit.
2. I am still riding on the coat tails of the Wedding and not quite ready for all of that to be over (which it most certainly is).
3. Most of my friends have babies or are expecting so… ya know.
4. It snuck up on me. Yes I do realise it is the same date EVERY year but...after the all-consuming wedding period I just needed to sit back and relax for a bit and well here we are, heading straight for Christmas.
5. The weather has been so mild (I’m not complaining) but it just feels weird, Christmas in 3 days and my hands haven’t needed thawing once yet!
6. I haven’t drunk nearly enough mulled wine/cider/drinks or maybe just alcohol in general.
Therefore in a bid to cheer myself up and get me into the festive spirit I got me a little Christmas haul….
I used to try and dress up a little on Christmas and Boxing day but now its all about comfort and baggy jumpers that help hide that inevitable Christmas belly baby. Long gone are the days of itchy Christmas jumpers, luckily they are now very wearable so... I invested in two.
I also had to get some cute and some cosy pyjamas...oh and Christmas socks, obvs.
I am a bit obsessed with these ‘smelly sticks’ as Craig calls them, and these ones make my house smell like a sweet sticky Christmas treat.
I thought this candle holder was just really pretty so had to pick one up. I plan on buying some bargain decorations after Christmas in the sale this year, all ready for next year.
Are you already in the Christmas spirit? Have you got yourself a Christmas haul? Not long to go now guys!